- RSS Channel Showcase 3248066
- RSS Channel Showcase 4090234
- RSS Channel Showcase 5641968
- RSS Channel Showcase 2141037
Articles on this Page
- 02/28/18--14:11: _Mayan Ruins in Belize
- 04/01/18--16:11: _Growing Tourism Inc...
- 04/30/18--18:11: _Trazee In-Depth: Un...
- 05/02/18--18:11: _Medieval Transylvan...
- 05/18/18--08:30: _Historic U.S. Hotels
- 05/18/18--12:02: _Trazee In-Depth: Un...
- 05/19/18--11:15: _The Story of Jade i...
- 05/22/18--09:01: _Follow the Footstep...
- 06/13/18--10:00: _La Purisima, A Chri...
- 06/21/18--09:37: _The Story of Iguana...
- 06/22/18--10:14: _History of Baseball...
- 06/29/18--11:21: _A Brief History of ...
- 07/08/18--07:21: _Historical Trinidad...
- 07/13/18--11:43: _Through Eternity To...
- 08/06/18--13:30: _Educational Travel ...
- 08/08/18--09:14: _Nicaraguan Cigars
- 02/28/18--14:11: Mayan Ruins in Belize
- 04/01/18--16:11: Growing Tourism Increases Need to Protect Mayan Culture
- 04/30/18--18:11: Trazee In-Depth: Unique Landmarks You Might Be Missing
- 05/02/18--18:11: Medieval Transylvania Tour
- 05/18/18--08:30: Historic U.S. Hotels
- 05/18/18--12:02: Trazee In-Depth: Unsung Heroes in History
- 05/19/18--11:15: The Story of Jade in Guatemala
- 05/22/18--09:01: Follow the Footsteps of Nelson Mandela in New Tour
- 06/13/18--10:00: La Purisima, A Christmas Tradition in Nicaragua
- 06/21/18--09:37: The Story of Iguana Meat in Nicaragua
- 06/22/18--10:14: History of Baseball in Nicaragua
- 06/29/18--11:21: A Brief History of Honduras’ Bay Islands
- 07/08/18--07:21: Historical Trinidad, Cuba
- 07/13/18--11:43: Through Eternity Tours Underground Rome Excursion
- 08/06/18--13:30: Educational Travel in Cuba
- 08/08/18--09:14: Nicaraguan Cigars
Before you go to Belize you might imagine the country is all about white-sand beaches and amazing coral reefs. However, there are plenty of manmade wonders in the small Central American country to boot, namely the ruins left by the ancient Maya. Dotted around the nation lies evidence of the civilization that ruled over large […]
This year, the United States and Belize signed a memorandum of understanding aimed at protecting Belize’s Maya cultural heritage. The memorandum coincides with a traveling Maya artifact exhibit, “Maya: Hidden World Revealed,” which made stops in Boston, Denver and San Diego. It’s currently on display at the Milwaukee Public Museum through May 28. The exhibit […]
The post Growing Tourism Increases Need to Protect Mayan Culture appeared first on Trazee Travel.
The United States is a relatively young country, especially compared to the old world and ancient history of far older countries in Europe and Asia. We ultimately take a lot of its history for granted, from our country’s museums, historic buildings and landmarks. Next time you travel abroad or to a historic city in America, […]
The post Trazee In-Depth: Unique Landmarks You Might Be Missing appeared first on Trazee Travel.
The medieval Transylvania tour is the perfect opportunity to explore the Romanian city of Bucharest and its rich multicultural heritage. Bucharest is a city steeped in medieval monuments and landmarks, making it both exotically beautiful and charmingly spooky at once. The Medieval Transylvania Tour through Uncover Romania offers a fantastic itinerary that travels through scenic […]
While being a guest at a brand-new luxury hotel is a one-of-a-kind experience, there’s something to be said about staying at a property with historical significance. If you want a little history with your stay, consider checking in to one of these properties. Beekman Arms & Delamater Inn The Beekman Arms opened in 1766 and […]
We have heard the phrase, history is written by the winners (which may have some truth to it), but there are so many names missing from textbooks and common knowledge worth knowing. We may know the name Herbert Hoover quite well as he was the 31st president of the United States, but his wife, Lou […]
Guatemala is home to some of the most important jade deposits in the world, and the precious stone has been highly sought after since pre-Columbian times. Under the ancient Maya, jade was so desirable it was more valuable than gold. It was used to make jewelry, weapons and figurines, while wealthy members of society might […]
Nelson Mandela would have turned 100 this year. To celebrate, Goway now offers a new South Africa itinerary, starting in Johannesburg and continuing through Durban and Cape Town. The Walking in his Footsteps — Mandela’s Centenary experience provides a historic take on this breathtaking destination. “Nelson Mandela was a world icon, not just a hero […]
The post Follow the Footsteps of Nelson Mandela in New Tour appeared first on Trazee Travel.
Each year at the end of November, Nicaraguans come together in a unique national celebration in honor of the Virgin Mary. Catholic worshippers spend nine days praying and building an altar to the Virgin Mary in their homes, which they then invite friends and neighbors to visit. Traditional songs are sung and gifts are exchanged […]
Many countries have their own special foods that don’t get eaten in other places, and Nicaragua is no different. Across the country you’ll find stalls and restaurants selling iguana meat, the lizard that lives throughout Mesoamerica. It’s a traditional foodstuff in Nicaragua, and one that shot to international prominence in 2015. Due to ongoing drought […]
Across Nicaragua you will see evidence of just how popular baseball is. From little kids in baseball gear to pitches in the most unlikely places, it’s obvious Nicaraguans are mad for baseball. The story of the sport in Central America is an interesting one. Nicaragua might not be the first place you think of as […]
The Bay Islands lie in the Caribbean Sea off the coast of Honduras, and there are two main islands. Utila and Roatan were first spotted by Christopher Columbus in 1502, but weren’t settled by Europeans until 1642 when English buccaneers arrived. The Spanish and British continued to tussle for control of the islands 1650–1850. During […]
The colonial city of Trinidad is a gem in Cuba’s crown, attracting huge numbers of visitors per year. Part of the attraction are its cobbled streets and colonial architecture, which lend the UNESCO World Heritage site a mysterious air. Another factor is its proximity to the beaches, especially Playa Ancon, and easy access from the […]
The city of Rome is perched atop one enormous archeological site. Beneath the cobblestone streets lies a vast underground network of tunnels weaving through structures built nearly three millennia ago. Now, you can head down below to discover them yourself with an Underground Rome and Catacombs Tour by Through Eternity Tours. The tour takes […]
If you want to get to know Cuba rather than simply lying around on the beach, there are lots of activities that will help you get under the skin of the country. First up, you could visit the town of Viñales, known as the center of the Cuban cigar industry. It’s just three hours from […]
Cuba might be the first place that springs to mind when it comes to cigars, but some aficionados claim Nicaragua is, in fact, the best in the business. While Nicaragua has always had tobacco plantations, it was the arrival of Cuban migrants following the 1959 revolution that really kickstarted the cigar industry. Not only did […]